Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Don't Take It So Seriously


Yes, marriage is a very serious commitment to make to one another. The meaning of the ceremony is very important but this does not mean you can't have a little fun. Almost ten years ago (coming up next month!) my handsome hubby and I were married. During the planning process I was a typical bride, not in a bad way, just determined to follow traditions and meet expectations.

When we were planning our wedding ceremony my husband thought it would be hilarious to play "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen for our recessional. Yes, ladies, that's right. I laughed to appease him and then said "Uh, no".

To date, I can't even remember which classic instrumental song we played and if I can't remember, no one else does either. Instead of brushing my groom's suggestion off as "ridiculous", I should have considered it as one way we could have had a laugh, shown our personalities and made it memorable to those who attended. Looking back now I wish I would have stepped back and seen the day for what it was: a celebration with all of our closest family and friends, a time to show them who we were as a couple. Although, we did mix a little Metallica into the dinner music, I still regret not doing something more fun for the recessional.

I highly encourage those out there planning their own big days to not hesitate to incorporate things that reflect themselves into every aspect of the event. Your guests are there to celebrate with you as a couple so show them who you are and why you love each other.

Happy Planning!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment