Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 In Review

2013 was our busiest year ever, filled with so many amazing weddings and projects. It was a pleasure to assist such fun and gracious couples with planning and coordinating their weddings, it makes me enjoy every minute of my job. Of course, the vendors I have the opportunity to collaborate with make everything ten times better, they are just fantastic and I could not do my job without them.

Here is a little peek into what we were up to in 2013.

We started the year off by pulling together an amazing this project with Summer Jean Photography. Our Emerald City/Wizard of Oz Inspiration Shoot turned out better than I could have dreamed and it was featured on Oh Lovely Day.








Stephanie and Trea's lakeside wedding kicked off our season. It was a beautiful day and all the details that Stephanie created were unbelievable!






Larissa and Jake's Grand Rapids wedding was next at The Goei Center. I love this venue, it is so beautiful and they are great to work with. I loved the yellow and gray color palette they chose. 










Mara and Logan hired Red Heels to coordinate and supervise their ceremony downtown Grand Rapids on The Gillette Bridge. Up until the phone call from them I did not even know you could rent the bridge! It was so fun setting it up in the middle of the city and the huge buildings in the background made for amazing pictures. 







RHE did a little bit of everything this season. Following the ceremony only coordination we did a reception set up for Gina and Erik at The B.O.B. Gina was the DIY master for her wedding and we were honored to be trusted with the set up of all her hard work. Unfortunately, I have not gotten the professional pictures for this one yet, as soon as I do I will post them!

Ashley and Mike were a blast to work with on their Kalamazoo wedding. You could tell they absolutely adored each other and Ashley's smile was so contagious. I loved the purple and gray travel theme they used to create this beautiful day. 









We are not florists by any means but for our Michigan City wedding this year I did design the centerpieces. They were super simple but looked great in the room at Journeyman Distillery. This was the furthest that RHE has traveled for an event but it was a gorgeous weekend and Cara and I had so much fun. 









Casey and Kevin's park wedding was a late addition to the 2013 schedule but I was so honored to be a part of their day. I used to babysit Casey when she was little (that makes me feel old!) and we have known her family forever. The weather was a little worrisome but 5 minutes before ceremony time the clouds parted, the rain stopped and the sun shone through!




After the success of last Fall's inspiration shoot with Hetler Photography, we decided to do it again this year! The time we used an apple orchard as our inspiration and it turned out so great!














Lauren and Ryan's Winter Wonderland wedding wrapped this year up in a fantastic way. The ceremony at Fountain Street Church and the reception at The Ballroom @ CityFlats are two of my favorite downtown Grand Rapids venues. Cannot wait to blog the rest of this one! 

(Taken with my iPhone)

(Taken by iPhones)

2013 was just an amazing year, I cannot even express in words how wonderful it was! It went beyond expectations and was truly a blessing. Thank you to everyone who made that possible!

Now.....on to 2014!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment