Search This Blog

Friday, November 15, 2013

Designing The New Office

My husband and I are in the process of building a new house. It is a very exciting experience but one full of SO MANY decisions. Thankfully, I do not mind picking out paint colors, flooring options, counter tops, etc. Honestly, interior design is a lot like wedding planning. You need to design the initial plan, find and hire multiple vendors and then make a lot of detailed choices to pull it all together. And it is so worth it in the end. The room I am most excited about and have been having the most fun designing is the new home office for Red Heels Events. It is going to be completely different and separate from the rest of the house and completely mine!

The Space:

The Red Heels office is going to be in a bonus room above our garage. It is divided into three areas: Storage, Consulting Area and Work Space.



The Color Palette:

   Main Wall Color                 Accent Wall Color            Decor Accents                Decor Accents


The Flooring:

I really want to keep it bright and open in the office so I am leaning towards doing a white laminate wood flooring. It will reflect the light well and will also be easy to sweep up after getting creative!


The Furniture:


Guest chairs for the consulting area from World Market. I got a steal on these and am thrilled! 


Really loving and considering this couch from IKEA, maybe with some red patterned throw pillows? 


And this area rug but in gray to pull it all together?


I want to find the perfect accent piece to put the coffee maker on, which do you like better? Both are from Target's new Threshold collection.



The Work-Space:

This is one area that I am still working on. I would really like a long counter top so that multiple people could sit and work at it together but yet want my own space. Here are a few images I have found that I will be pulling inspiration from. 

 


So, what do you think? Any thoughts or suggestions, I would love input on things that have worked for you in having a home office. 


1 comment:

  1. Love it! I like the bigger red cabinet....and all three workspaces, but probably the first and last workspace best. I can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete